Program Manager (new position)
The Program Manager is a 4 week seasonal position, beginning Thursday June 1 and ending June 29, 2021.
The Program Manager furthers the mission of Camp Summergold through the management of summer programming, human resources, and strategic operations.
Essential Job Functions:
Oversee the daily operation of the summer resident camp including: food service, programming, and staff supervision.
- By working collaboratively with the Camp Director, Counselor Manager, Resident mentors, Counselors, Volunteers and the 4 H staff to ensure the enhancement of the camp operations.
- By planning and participating in staff orientation.
- By planning and setting up the camp office.
- By adhering to American Camp Association standards.
- By communicating with the Camp Director and Counselor Manager daily to ensure that all concerns and incidents are reviewed.
Must have some administrative experience with a camp. Additional experience with programming and administering programs that reflect the camp’s population is desirable.
Must be proficient in computer skills and related word processing, data management, and Internet computer software.
Must be willing to work as part of a team. This is a most important qualification.
This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, read text and information; comprehend instructions and manuals, and physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.