What Campers Need to Bring
- Pillow & twin bedding, or sleeping bag
- An old blanket or large beach towel to sit on outside.
- Your favorite stuffed animal (if you want to)
- Something you'd like to remember from home (photo, quotes, etc)
- Set of bath towels
- Bathing suit
- Book(s) for reading before lights out
- Book light for reading
- Long pants or jeans for cool nights and cookouts
- Sweatshirt or sweater (for evenings)
- Pair of closed toe shoes (this is a must for camp trips)
- Toiletries with and a small bag, tote or bucket to carry
- Flashlight (this will be used)
- Raincoat or umbrella (just in case)
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Slippers or flip flops for the shower
- Bug repellent (we will have some too)
- Yoga mat if you are interested in taking Yoga
- FOR ARTS WEEK CAMPERS: Digital camera with computer hookup (if you have one)
- FOR STEM WEEK CAMPERS: A pair of rain boots or old sneakers
ABOUT CELLPHONES: We have a no-cell phone policy at camp that imitates the same polices held at all other camps, public and private schools. Campers should leave all digital devices, apple watches, i pads and cellphones at home. If they are brought to camp they will need to be collected and safely stored in the camp's office, so they are not lost, or used inappropriately. See more about our no cellphone/social media policy here.
REGARDING CAMPER AND PARENT/GUARDIAN COMMUNICATION: Campers and Parents/Guardians who need to check in with one another can do so during a scheduled time in the camp office by letting the directors know in advance. Parents can email their camper at email@example.com. Directors will deliver email notes, letters and messages after lunch. Parents and guardians will see what their child is doing everyday on our facebook page and flickr account. Names are never included to retain privacy.
REGARDING MAIL AND PACKAGES: If you want to send a package to your camper be aware it can take three days for a regular package to get to Aurora. If you want to send a package use UPS or FedEx. You can email your camper through camp grams in the registration portal or through firstname.lastname@example.org. We will deliver the message during lunch or dinner.