Camp Summergold counselors:
- take and show initiative
- exhibit selflessness as well as self-care and balance
- are positive role models
- are respectful and creative
- encourage young people to make connections
- model resilience/grit
Counselor applicants must:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Demonstrate strong skills and interest in our programming
- Have experience working with youth
- Be interviewed by the leadership team
- Agree to a criminal background check, social security number trace, country criminal search, and national sex offender search
- All staff attend 5 days of orientation prior to the camp session.
- Orientation for 2018 begins May 29th in Lincoln.
- Our counselor/camper ratio is approximately 1:6
- Needed in 2018 : Counselors with Life Guard and First Aid & CPR Certification
Counselor application deadline is March 1, 2018.
Complete and mail the Counselor Application & Disclosure Form to:
Director Judy Hart
2001 Sewell St.
Lincoln, NE 68502
Camp Summergold prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or or any other protected class recognized by state or federal law.